Do You Have Chronic Joint Pain From Your Job? See If It's Arthritis Now

If you have chronic pain in your joints and you work a labor intensive job, it doesn't matter what your age is, you could be dealing with arthritis. You want to get some pain relief to stop your suffering, and you want to see what you can do differently so you don't have to deal with the pain constantly. Here are some of the things that you want to look into, and you want to make an appointment with rheumatologist to get some answers for the pain and irritation that you have.

Options for Preserving the Joints

The specialist will want to do an image scan of the bones and joints to see if there is a lot of missing or damaged cartilage. Talk about the different options you can use to help preserve your joints, which can include losing weight, strengthening the muscles surrounding the joint, and taking different medications that can help to strengthen the tissues that are still working to prevent the bones from grinding in the socket.

Treatments for Pain

Next comes treating the pain. There are different options, bust some of the practical solutions may include:

  • Daily prescription analgesic or disease modifying anti-rheumatic medication
  • Surgery to clean up damaged or torn cartilage
  • Massage and ultrasonic therapy
  • Cortisone shots

These are just some of the solutions, and your specialist can work with you to see which is the most effective of the different treatment choices and what delivers the best results.

Potential Replacement Requirements

If the joint damage is bad enough, it may be necessary for you to have a joint replacement surgery. You will have to see a surgeon to have this performed, but this could be a great way to get relief from the pain and to live a life without worrying about the joint being an issue again in the future.

There are a lot of reasons why you have pain, but if you think it's from the constant wear and tear that takes place on your joints because of your job, and it's getting hard to do daily tasks because your joints are so bad, you want to get to a specialist to see what's going on right away. There are a lot of ways that you can take progressive action to help slow down the development of the condition so it doesn't get severe quickly and to get treatment for your pain.

For more information and details about surgery and possible therapy service, contact a medical clinic, such as Levi Hospital.